Snorkel Buck Island Reef
Buck Island Reef National Monument is a must for every visitor to St. Croix, whether you snorkel the underwater trail, or just enjoy the beach. It was proclaimed as a National Monument by President John F. Kennedy on December 28th, 1961. Buck Island sits off St. Croix’s north coast and consists of approximately 19,015 acres of reef and land. Its main beauty lies in the fantastic reef and unique underwater trail.
Here is a short movie about Buck Island Reef National Monument: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhxoGVx6wGI
Our charters leave daily from the waterfront adjacent to the Christiansted National Historic Site.Our company provides half day and full day trips to Buck Island, by motor or sail ( weather permitting ) to Snorkel or Dive this underwater wonderland. All trips include knowledge about our recovering reef , lessons for beginners and refreshers and a guided tour of the underwater trail first, until you are comfortable to snorkel with a partner and explore the reef together .
At no time are you allowed to snorkel without a snorkeling vest or by yourself.We like the Buddy System !
After snorkeling we stop at Turtle Beach on the west side of Buck Island, which is rated one of the top 10 beaches in the Caribbean. Layout, relax, swim, hike, or just enjoy the sun … there’s plenty to do and see. All snorkeling gear, instruction, flotation devices and assistance from our friendly crew are included.
Attention non-snorkelers and non-swimmers: please do not be intimidated by this tour. We enjoy taking the time to teach you the proper way to snorkel and to help you feel comfortable in your experience. We are happy to assist those with physical limitations to the best of our ability.
Full Day Trips ( please scroll down for our rates ) !
We approximately depart Christiansted harbor at 10am and approx arrive within 30-40 minutes by power boat or an hour under sail weather permitting at Buck Island Reef national monument as our first stop. We then take you on a guided tour of the underwater trail and snorkel for approx 2 hrs .After snorkelling we head to Turtle beach for approx 2 hrs where you can eat your lunch ,relax and swim or sunbath on one of the Caribbean’s top ten beaches ,or hike the trail. This full day trip gives you the maximum time at Buck Island Reef national monument.
- $95 adults
- $50 children 5-17 years of age
- FREE for children 4 years of age and younger.
- Price includes water, soda ,snorkelling gear, lessons, guided tour of the underwater trail and relaxing at Turtle beach , hiking trail is optional ( bring suitable shoes ).
- Things to bring with you , lunch, snacks, alcohol ( for after snorkelling! ),beach towel ,bathing suit, suntan lotion, hat,, underwater camera ( can be purchased at CSA store before trip $20 ), But most of all your SMILE !
- VI Residents, military and senior citizens receive a discount (please ask at time of reservation)
Half Day Trips ( please scroll down for our rates ) !
Times: Depart 9:30am / Arrive 1:00pm (morning trip)
- $75 adults
- $50 children 5-17 years of age
- FREE children 4 years of age and younger
- Price includes water, snorkelling gear ,lessons ,guided tour of underwater trail and relaxing at Turtle beach .
- What to bring with you , lunch ,snacks,alcohol ( for after snorkelling ) bathing suit ,suntan lotion ,hats, beach towel, underwater camera ( can be purchased at CSA store before your trip $20 ) Most importantly your SMILE!
- VI Residents, military and senior citizens receive a discount (please ask at time of reservation).
Sunday Funday Beach Shuttle ( please scroll down for our rates ) !
Time: Depart 10:00am / Arrive 3:00pm
- $25 per person
Enjoy Turtle Beach at Buck Island with plenty of time to relax, swim or explore (this tour does not include any snorkeling). This is a great way for island residents to enjoy Buck Island without the hassle! The crew takes care of everything for you. Just bring along your cooler, food / drinks, chairs, etc.
- Join us for a full or half day trip to Buck Island and receive half off your next tour with us forever.!